ATTN: Jamon Foster, 301 ME
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
- MS in health informatics, Northeastern University
- BS in information technology, Plymouth State University
Jamon Foster specializes in personal health informatics and teaches several courses at Northeastern University. He currently works as a senior clinical analyst for Tufts Medical Center and previously worked as an application specialist in the Development Division of MEDITECH.
Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Montpelier, Vermont.
What are the specifics of your educational background?
I earned my Bachelor’s of Science degree in information technology with a minor in mathematics from Plymouth State University, and my Master’s of Science degree in health informatics from Northeastern University.
What are your research interests?
I am not primarily focused on research at the moment. Ideally, I would like to directly involve myself in the future of healthcare technology research.
What courses do you teach?
- Public Health Surveillance
- Creation and Application of Medical Knowledge
- Key Standards in Health Informatics
- Database Design and Security
- Business of Healthcare Informatics
- American Healthcare System
- Management Issues in Healthcare IT
What are the specifics of your industry experience?
I worked at MEDITECH for seven and a half years as an application specialist in the Development Division.