ATTN: Jamon Foster, 301 ME
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
- MS in Health Informatics, Northeastern University
- BS in Information Technology, Plymouth State University
Professor Jamon Foster specializes in Personal Health Informatics and teaches several courses at Northeastern University. He currently works as a Senior Clinical Analyst for Tufts Medical Center, and previously worked as an Application Specialist in the Development Division of MEDITECH. He earned his Master’s of Science Degree in Health Informatics from Northeastern University, as well as his Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Information Technology from Plymouth State University.
- Hometown: Medford, MA
- Field of Research/Teaching: Personal Health Informatics
What are the specifics of your educational background?
I earned my Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Information Technology with a Minor in Mathematics from Plymouth State University, and my Master’s of Science Degree in Health Informatics from Northeastern University.
What are your research interests?
I am not primarily focused on research at the moment. Ideally, I would like to directly involve myself in the future of healthcare technology research.
What courses do you teach?
- Public Health Surveillance
- Creation and Application of Medical Knowledge
- Key Standards in Health Informatics
- Database Design and Security
- Business of Healthcare Informatics
- American Healthcare System
- Management Issues in Healthcare IT
Where did you grow up or spend your most defining years?
I grew up in Montpelier, Vermont
What are the specifics of your industry experience?
I worked at MEDITECH for 7 1/2 years as an Application Specialist in the Development Division.