105-107 Forsyth Street
132F Nightingale Hall
Boston, MA 02115
ATTN: Martin Schedlbauer, 202 WVH
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
- PhD in Computer Science, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- BSCS, University of Massachusetts Lowell
Professor Martin Schedlbauer received his PhD in Computer Science from the University of Massachusetts Lowell in 2006 with a dissertation on modeling human performance during touch interactions with mobile devices in non-stationary environments. Afterwards, he taught information science, computer science, and operations management at the University of Massachusetts Lowell and Suffolk University. He joined the faculty at Northeastern in 2008 and presently serves as the director of the online faculty and online programs. Professor Schedlbauer founded several software and education companies prior to returning to academia. In his spare time, Martin enjoys boating and playing ice hockey.
- Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts
- Field of research/teaching: Data and Information Science
What is your educational background?
PhD in Computer Science, University of Massachusetts Lowell
What is your research focus?
I conduct research in learning analytics and applied collaborative software development methods. I also have research interests in computer science education.
What courses/subjects do you teach?
I teach the following:
- IS1500 – Introduction to Web Development
- IS2000 – Principles of Information Science
- IS3500 – Information Systems Design and Development
- IS4300 – Human Computer Interaction
- IS4500 – Software Quality Assurance
- IS4600 – Software Project Management
- IS4800 – Empirical Research
- IS4900 – IS Senior Project
- DS4100 – Data Integration & Analytics
- CS1100 – Computer Science and Its Applications
- DA5020 – Collecting, Storing, and Retrieving Data
- DA5030 – Introduction to Data Mining & Machine Learning
What do you enjoy most or find most rewarding about what you teach?
I find the most rewarding aspect of teaching to be the collaborative discovery process.
Where did you grow up or spend your most defining years?
I grew up in Germany.
What are the specifics of your industry experience?
I started several tech companies including Technology Resource Group, Inc. as a founder, CEO, and CTO, as well as BEA Systems, Inc. as CTO, which is now part of Oracle.