440 Huntington Avenue
310G West Village H
Boston, MA 02115
ATTN: Meena Choi, 202 WVH
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115-5000
- PhD in Statistics, Purdue University
- MS in Applied Statistics, Purdue University
- BS in Management, Purdue University
- BS in Biology, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology – South Korea
Meena Choi is a post-doctoral associate in the lab of Olga Vitek at Northeastern University. She holds a BS in Biology from the Korea Advanced Institute for Science and Technology, and a PhD in Statistics from Purdue University. Meena’s work focuses on statistical methods for quantitative proteomics. She is the lead developer and maintainer of MSstats.
- Hometown: South Korea
What are the specific areas of your graduate education?
I studied statistical methods for quantitative mass spectrometry-based proteomics.
What are your research interests?
- Development of statistical methods, tools and soware for the analysis of mass spectrometry-based proteomics
and metabolomic data
- Integrative analyses of genomic, proteomic and metabolomic experiments
- Interdisciplinary research for biomarker discovery of disease
What’s one problem you’d like to solve with your research / work?
I would like to develop statistical methods for the analysis of mass spectrometry-based proteomics and metabolomic data.
What aspect of what you do is most interesting?
I am interested in interdisciplinary and reproducible research as well as communication with other researchers.
What are your research or career goals, going forward?
I plan on continuing research on integrative analyses of genomic, proteomic and metabolomic experiments.