I am a second-year PhD student of Khoury College of Computer Sciences at Northeastern University, advised by Cheng Tan. I am also privileged to work closely with Shuai Mu. My main research interests are in system verification and distributed systems. I’m particularly interested in:
- Verifying correctness of distributed systems.
- Building efficient distributed systems.
- June 2023, talk @ Nanjing University
- June 2023, interview @ Disseminate: The Computer Science Research Podcast
- May 2023, talk @ Baidu Canghai storage group
- Aug 2022, Viper accepted to EuroSys ‘23!
Selected publications (Full publication list)
Jian Zhang, Ye Ji, Shuai Mu, Cheng Tan
Media coverage: [Disseminate: The Computer Science Research Podcast]
Measuring and improving the use of graph information in graph neural networks (ICLR 2020)
Yifan Hou, Jian Zhang, James Cheng, Kaili Ma, Richard T. B. Ma, Hongzhi Chen, Ming-Chang Yang
A General and Efficient Querying Method for Learning to Hash (SIGMOD 2018)
Jinfeng Li, Xiao Yan, Jian Zhang, An Xu, James Cheng, Jie Liu, Kelvin KW Ng, and Ti-chung Cheng
- Machine Learning System Intern. ByteDance Beijing, MLSys Team.
Worked on a system about serving deep learning models and achieving the highest utilization of GPUs.
Jan. 2021 - July. 2021.
- PhD student @ Northeastern University (Sept. 2021 - )
- Master @ The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China HK SAR
- Bachelor @ Nanjing University, China
- 2023 EuroSys 23’ Student Travel Grant
- 2017 Dean’s List, School of Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- 2016 Chinese National Scholarship (top 2%)
- 2015 Excellent Student of Software Institute, Nanjing University
- 2014, 2015, 2017 National Endeavor Scholarship