I am a second-year PhD student of Khoury College of Computer Sciences at Northeastern University, advised by Prof. Cheng Tan. I am also privileged to work closely with Prof. Shuai Mu. My main research interests are in system verification and distributed systems. I’m particularly interested in:
- Verifying correctness of distributed systems.
- Building efficient distributed systems.
Viper: a fast snapshot isolation checker (To appear on EuroSys 2023) [paper]
Jian Zhang, Ye Ji, Shuai Mu, Cheng Tan
Measuring and improving the use of graph information in graph neural networks (ICLR 2020)
Yifan Hou, Jian Zhang, James Cheng, Kaili Ma, Richard T. B. Ma, Hongzhi Chen, Ming-Chang Yang
A General and Efficient Querying Method for Learning to Hash (SIGMOD 2018)
Jinfeng Li, Xiao Yan, Jian Zhang, An Xu, James Cheng, Jie Liu, Kelvin KW Ng, and Ti-chung Cheng
- Machine Learning System Intern. ByteDance Beijing, MLSys Team.
Worked on a system about serving deep learning models and achieving the highest utilization of GPUs.
Jan. 2021 - July. 2021.
- PhD student, Northeastern University (Sept. 2021 - )
- M.Sc., The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China HK SAR
- B.Eng., Nanjing University, China
Honors and Awards
2020/10 Entrance Scholarship of M.Sc. in Computer Science, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
2017/11 Dean’s List, School of Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
2017/11 National Endeavor Scholarship, Nanjing University
2016/12 National Scholarship, Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China
2015/12 Excellent Student of Software Institute, Nanjing University
2015/11 National Endeavor Scholarship, Nanjing University
2014/11 National Endeavor Scholarship, Nanjing University
- Teaching Assistant of CUHK CSCI 1030 Hands-on Introduction to Java
- Teaching Assistant of CUHK CSCI 2100 Data Structures
- Teaching Assistant of CUHK CSCI 3180 Principles of Programming Languages
- Teaching Assistant of CUHK CSCI 3160 Design and Analysis of Algorithms