- This event has passed.
Still interested in attending a Break Into Tech workshop? Our upcoming events are below.
Pop-Up Break Into Tech: Los Angeles
Break Into Tech: Seattle
Break Into Tech: Vancouver
Pop-Up Break Into Tech: Washington, D.C.
Pop-Up Break Into Tech: New York City
October 20, 2019 9:30 am - 2:00 pm PDT
Join us at our Fall Graduate Programs Open House to learn more about our master’s, certificate, professional doctorate, and bachelor completion programs. Register Now.
Courses are offered online, on-ground, and in hybrid formats, allowing you to create a course schedule that is flexible to your needs.
- Connect with our faculty and admissions representatives to get your questions answered and find the best program for you.
- Attend presentations on Experiential Learning and the current job market.
- Hear from alumni and current students about their Northeastern co-op experience and finding jobs after graduation.
- Find out how our students become world-class computer scientists, no matter what their background is, with our Align Computer Science program.
- Learn about student services and Experiential Learning opportunities including Co-op & Career Development, Experiential Education and Online Learning, and Student Activity Groups.
About Break Into Tech
The Break Into Tech workshop for students interested in the Align Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) degree program will take place from 12:00 p.m – 2:00 p.m.
The workshop provides an introduction to basic computing concepts for those with a non-technical background and will focus on giving a broad understanding of the fundamental and trending topics in computer science, using real-life examples to provide a hands-on experience. You’ll hear from current Align students and alumni to get an understanding of how data and algorithms appear in your everyday life.
Attend Break Into Tech for an opportunity to:
- Experience computer science in action, and how it applies to your work and everyday life.
- Participate in a mini hack-a-thon where you can collaborate with others and test out your new computer programming skills.
- Learn more about Northeastern’s Align Computer Science program and decide whether it’s the right fit for you.
Drew Dickens, Software Development Engineer at Amazon
Southlake Union Campus – 401 Terry Ave N. #103, Suite 300 (cross street Republican St.), Seattle, WA 98109
- Best parking options are either street or the 321 Terry Ave. N. or 320 Westlake Ave. garages accessed through an alley via Harrison Street between Westlake & Terry Ave N.
Guests check in at reception desk and will be directed to event room