February 26 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm EST
How is computer science used to fight cancer? Determine what movie you would enjoy? Drive a car?
Break into Tech – and learn how we use computer science to fight cancer, recommend movies and drive cars.
Each of these tasks requires computing and measuring relationships. Come to Break into Tech and learn this algorithm – how to compute the shortest distance in a network of relationships. We will look at how data is represented, how it is stored, and how it is used to answer questions like the ones above. No prior experience is needed, just bring your enthusiasm. Come and see that you could be a computer scientist. Register now for this complimentary workshop!
Attend Khoury College’s Break Into Tech for an opportunity to:
- Experience computer science in action, and how it applies to your work and everyday life.
- Participate in a mini project where you can collaborate with others and test out your new computer programming skills.
- Learn more about the Northeastern University Align program.
- Please note, participants must hold a bachelor’s degree or be a soon-to-be college graduate to participate.
- Register for this complimentary event for a chance to get a taste of computer science. Spots are limited and based on a first-come, first-served.
Northeastern University-Vancouver Campus, 333 Seymour Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 5A7 (map)
Guests will be escorted from the ground lobby floor to the event space on the 9th floor.
Public parking garages are available and within walking distance (see attachment).