- This event has passed.
Still interested in attending a Break Into Tech workshop? Our upcoming events are below.
Network Science Institute: Bias on the Web
Colloquium Talk: Coordinating Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learners
Network Science Institute: Whole-organism RNA expression analyses based on expansion microscopy of C. elegans
Network Science Institute: Polya Urn Models: A Tool for Network Analysis
Experience Northeastern: Charlotte
Meet the Align Ambassador: Seattle
Network Science Institute: How Norms Change: New Evidence from Data and Experiments
Network Science Institute: Modeling Opinion Dynamics in the Age of Algorithmic Personalization
Artificial Intelligence for the Common Good
Beyond the Brew: Threes Brewing
New England Machine Learning Day: Sponsored by Microsoft
Align Look Inside - Boston
February 13 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm EST
Due to the impending weather, this event has been rescheduled to Wednesday, February 13th, 2019.
- ISEC 655 5:30 – 6:00 p.m.: Meet and greet with current CCIS Align students and faculty. Food will be served.
- ISEC 140 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.: Break Into Tech Workshop
How is computer science used to fight cancer? Determine what movie YOU would enjoy? Drive a car?
Break into Tech – and learn how we use computer science to fight cancer, recommend movies and drive cars.
Each of these tasks requires computing and measuring relationships. Come to Break into Tech and learn this algorithm – how to compute the shortest distance in a network of relationships. We will look at how data is represented, how it is stored, and how it is used to answer questions like the ones above. No prior experience is needed, just bring your enthusiasm. Come and see that you could be a computer scientist. Register now for this complimentary workshop!
Attend Khoury College’s Break Into Tech for an opportunity to:
- Experience computer science in action, and how it applies to your work and everyday life.
- Participate an in a mini project where you can collaborate with others and test out your new computer programming skills.
- Learn more about the Northeastern University Align program.
- Please note, participants must hold a bachelor’s degree or be a soon-to-be college graduate to participate.
- Register for this FREE event for a chance to get a taste of computer science. Spots are limited and based on a first-come, first-served.
ISEC 140, 805 Columbus Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02120 (Directions and parking)