Celebrating the accomplishments of the Khoury community
The Khoury College of Computer Sciences annually honors outstanding faculty, alumni, industry partners and students. This year's celebration and awards ceremony took place on May 2nd. Good food, drinks and music were enjoyed by all.
• Teacher of the Year: Nate Derbinsky
The Khoury College Teacher of the Year Award honors the faculty member who has most influenced the academic experience in the Khoury community. Graduating Khoury students at all levels vote for this award.
• Undergraduate Research Award: Kurran Singh, BSCS and Business Administration
The Undergraduate Research Award recognizes a senior who has made a significant research impact.
• Undergraduate Teaching Award: Catherine McLean, BSCS
The Undergraduate Teaching Award recognizes a student with significant interest and impact in teaching.
• Undergraduate Community Service Award: Colin Mullaney, BSCS and Mathematics
The Undergraduate Community Service Award recognizes a senior who has gone above and beyond in making a positive impact on our community.
• Undergraduate Co-op Award: Marina Moskowitz, BSCS and Entrepreneurship
The Undergraduate Co-op Award recognizes a student who has contributed significantly during their co-op experiences.
• Graduate Teaching Award: Daniel Patterson
The Graduate Teaching Award recognizes a graduate student with significant interest and impact in teaching
• Graduate Community Service Award: Sofia Eleni Spatharioti
The Graduate Community Service Award recognizes a graduate student who has gone above and beyond in making a positive impact on our community.
• Graduate Research Award: Chin Ho Lee
The Graduate Research Award recognizes a graduate student who has made a significant research impact.
• Outstanding Alumnus Award: Glen Coppersmith
The Outstanding Alumnus Award honors an outstanding Khoury graduate who, through his or her actions has demonstrated a commitment to improving the lives of our students while making significant, progressive achievements in his/her field, impacting our industry and community, bringing distinction to themselves, Khoury College and Northeastern University.
• Outstanding Corporate Partner Award: PwC
The Khoury College Outstanding Corporate Partner Award recognizes outstanding dedication of industry partners who support Khoury, its students, programs and academic mission.
• Outstanding Co-op Partner Award: ASICS Digital (Formerly Runkeeper)
The Outstanding Co-op Partner Award honors a co-op employer who provides meaningful co-op experience, supports our programs, and offers several opportunities each semester to our students.
• Staff Award: Greg Smith and Ali Ressing
Khoury College recipients of University awards 2019
- Jessica Merritt, BSCS and Biology
Huntington 100 Recipients
- Elliot Bensabat
- Nicholas Bond
- Li Breite
- Daniel Cohen,
- John Compitello
- Alice Ding
- Joshua Driesman
- Bahar Haji-Sheikhi
- Catherine McLean
- Jessica Merritt
- Brenna Sorkin
- Emily Trinh
- Charles Zheng